Become a Junior Animator!
Chuck Jones Center for Creativity
Cost: $120 for 8 weeks
Beginning January 9, 2017, join us once a week on Monday afternoons, from 3:30 to 5:00 PM and become a JUNIOR ANIMATOR!
This eight (8) week hands-on creativity program will teach young artists (ages 8 - 14) about animation while nurturing the creative thought process and self-expression.
Techniques inspired by Chuck Jones are used to teach character development and visual story-telling. No experience necessary.
Learn to draw a variety of characters including your own unique character to star in a tale you imagine. Learn how to put your ideas into motion!
- 9 White Seal: Watch the film, "The White Seal" and learn how to draw Kotick.
- 16 Bugs Bunny: Watch Chuck drawing Bugs Bunny then draw Bugs yourself.
- 23 Marvin Martian: Use your imagination to place Marvin in outer space.
- 30 Character Development: Create a character uniquely your own.
- 6 Storyboard: Using story arc, imagine and draw a nine-panel comic.
- 13 Flip-Books: Put your story into motion by sequencing.
- 20 Cel Animation: Ink and paint a character onto a clear cel.
- 27 Cel Animation: Paint a background using perspective.
- $120 Program Pre-registration (8 classes @ $15 each)
- $17 Class Pre-registration (singular, specific week)
- $20 Drop-in (as space allows)
Posted in: Educational Programs